Portland 2018 is excited to announce the launch of 3 months of Prayerwalking in the Greater Portland Metropolitan Area. We would love for you to help cover our city in prayer during this time!
To do so, we have two tools for you to use. The first is a calendar for you to sign up your own prayer walking times or to connect with others who are prayer walking. The second is a Prayer Walking App that can be used to track your prayer walking (or prayer driving) locations. Our hope is to have the entire city walked and prayed for by the end of the summer. Will you join us?
Below are some instructions on how to use each of these simple tools.
Using the Calendar:
- Click on this link: https://www.24-7prayer.com/signup/687276
- You will need to register your name and email address first. Then simply click on the day/time you plan on prayer walking and put in your information. Doubling up on a block of time if others are already registered is okay.
- If you would like to have others join you, register for the same block of time twice. The second time, instead of putting your name, put the meeting location. When I see a location listed, I will highlight it in Blue. This will alert others that there is a prayer walk open to join in. Make sure you are at that meeting location during the first 5 minutes of the hour you sign up for. People may or may not join you, but this gives them time to show up!
- If you are looking for a group to join, look for the highlighted blue sections that will have a meeting location listed. Make sure you show up in the first 5 minutes of that hour as the groups will likely be on the move after that.
The last 10 days of this calendar are for a time of continuous prayer that will take place at Canby Grove Conference Center. We will be encouraging people to take time off from work or other busy activities and get away to spend time with the Lord. Our own relationship with God is so important to cultivate, especially when we are pouring ourselves out in ministry. There will be creative prayer stations, lots of beautiful land to roam on in nature, and times of corporate intercession and worship. You can begin signing up for these dates/times at any time as well.
Our first group prayerwalking time will be at 4pm in Pioneer Square on Saturday, June 16th. Meet at the Umbrella Man statue! (you can start using the app now though!) This will be instead of a 3rd Saturday worship night.
Using the Prayer Atlas App:
- Download the App from your iTunes or Google Play Store:
- Once you have registered, open the app and click on Groups at the bottom of the screen.
- Search for “Portland 2018” – you will enter Portland, OR into the search bar and then scroll down. Click on this group to add yourself as a member.
- Now that you are a group member, you can track your prayerwalks on our group map. When you want to walk, open your app and click on groups, then click on Portland 2018.
- Once you are in the group section, scroll down to the event called “Prayerwalking the City” and click on this event.
- Now you can click “start event walk” and begin walking! (Please click the bar NOT the “start walk” on the bottom. The bottom icon will only track your walk on the individual map. To track on the group map you must click “start event walk”
- Remember to hit “Stop Walk” when you are finished!!
- Check out the group map when you first log into “Portland 2018” to see what’s already been covered!
Thank you everyone! If you have any questions, contact Renee at email@example.com